Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fun-sized Splash's Bucket-list

I have never had a bucket list.  I was afraid to start one as I thought there would be more I can't put on it than can.  I didn't want that depressing feeling so I avoided it.  
The penny has just dropped that I can physically do anything I set my mind to.  How cool is that?!?!  I have NEVER been able to say that and it be true. I'm "fun-sized" now and there really is nothing holding me back anymore.  
Many 12WBTers set running goals and their achievements of running zero to 10/21/42km in 12 weeks is amazing!  Running/jogging/walking isn't my thing though.  It doesn't excite me and treadmills are my least favorite gym equipment.  I've come up with a bucket list that will physically and mentally challenge me, Splash, and/or provide me with heaps of fun!

- 12WBT Ambassador
I will find out the criteria for this and see if I'm elligible. This will be a great way to pay it forward and help others that need it. I find that really rewarding.

- Indoor Rock Climbing
Used to always be the belayer as I wasn't strong enough to climb.

- Dance Classes
I danced from age 4 to 12 then briefly for 6 months in 2006.  I'm now fit enough to dance again and will look good in end of your concert costumes.  I'd like to try hip hop or modern dance.  I will be strong enough for pole dancing soon too.

- Certificate 4 Personal Training Qualification
I find paying it forward so rewarding. I think PTing will soon become my new hobby.

- Water Sport
I was a swimmer from age 2.5 to 17 years.  I then began working in the Aquatics and recreation industry, and still do.  I don't look horrible in bathers anymore so I'd like to find a challenging and fun water sport as a hobby.  Kayaking? Water Skiing? Open-water Swimming?

- Another Gold Coast Theme Park Holiday
I want to repeat our Christmas 2010 Gold Coast family holiday 40kgs lighter so that nothing can stop me from having fun.

- Hire a Fashion Consultant
Now that I no longer look like a tent, I will hire a fashion consultant when I reach goal weight as I have no idea what styles, colors and cuts suit me.

- Fancy Dress Costume
I've never hired one as I was afraid they wouldn't fit.  I need to organize a fancy dress party and hire a stunning costume.

This list is a work in progress. I'll come back and edit it as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment